Category Archives: German Bundesliga

germany bundesliga

Borussia Dortmund reject €100m offer for Ousmane Dembele from Barca

Published by:

Borussia Dortmund has told FC Barcelona that they will not be selling their French forward Ousmane Dembele despite a €100m offer from the La Liga giants.

Dortmund have said that the France forward is “unlikely” to move to Spain unless they receive an improved offer, with a statement from the German club confirmed the offer — understood to be €100m — had been rejected.

Negotiations is understood to have taken place for days but Dortmund has been insistent that they will not accept less than €150m for the player they signed from Rennes last summer for a 10th of that cost.

“There has been a discussion with Barcelona in regards to a possible transfer of Ousmane Dembele,” the statement, which was released to the German stock exchange, read.

“In these talks Barcelona have presented an offer that does not match the extraordinary footballing and otherwise status of the player and also not the current market situation.”

“BVB have turned this offer down, and as there is no other offer from Barcelona a transfer should not be expected and is at this moment in time unlikely,” it concluded.

Dembele, 20, was also fined and suspended after he missed a training session on Thursday. It was also understood that he had returned to his native France in the evening on the same day to visit friends and family, while waiting news as the clubs continue to negotiate the fee.

“Ousmane Dembele missed training without notifying the club and has clearly taken this action consciously. We will obviously sanction him for this,” Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said. “We have also suspended the player until after the cup game at the weekend.”

Naby Keita staying put at RB Leipzig, Liverpool told

Published by:

RB Leipzig coach Ralph Hasenhuttl had warded off interest from Liverpool for Naby Keita by saying that the Guinea national is “”100 per cent” staying with the Bundesliga runners-up.

Keita, 22, had been impressive in Leipzig’s debuting season in the German top-flight, scoring eight goals in 31 appearances last season to help Leipzig also qualify for the Champions League for the first time.

His performance has attracted a suitor in Liverpool F.C., albeit their two bids for the player had since been rejected by the Bundesliga newcomers, with Hasenhuttl emphasizing the importance for the players to stay especially after making it into the Champions League together.

“The chance is null,” he said. “It’s 100% clear that Naby will play this year in Leipzig.”

“At the beginning of the transfer period we said we would start with the same team and of the players we had last year no one will go. That would be our answer now also. For us everyone can see how important Naby Keita is for our game. It’s 100% sure that he will be with RB Leipzig in the Champions League.”

“I said for all the players it is very important to stay together as it’s the first time we play Champions League and that is a new situation for every one of us. We have very young players and I think for them it is very important to play the first year in the Champions League as a team. We will learn this very much again this year.

“Keita is more focused on us and has more fun now than last year. He knows this season will be fantastic for us. To play Champions League for Naby Keita is a great thing.”

Hassenhuttl added that it was also “normal” for Keita to have suitors, but also told Liverpool that there could be more competitors even if the Reds choose to maintain their interest in Keita beyond next season.

“Until next summer we keep it closed and then we have a look,” he added.

Bayern CEO joins Carlo Ancelotti in warding off bids for Arturo Vidal

Published by:

Bayern Munich CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has echoed manager Carlo Ancelotti in ruling out the possibility of Arturo Vidal leaving the club amidst reports of Inter Milan preparing an offer for Chilean international.

Vidal, 30, has been linked with a €50 million move to the Nerazzurri as they look to improve their squad and mount a challenge for the Serie A title.

However, Bayern manager Carlo Ancelotti had since told them to give up on trying to land the Chilean, and Rummenigge also followed his footsteps by insisting they would turn down all bids for the star man.

“I can 100 per cent rule out Arturo’s departure, for us he is a fundamental player,” he said in a press conference. “I have not heard from anyone at Inter so far, I just read what has been written, (but) the decision to continue with Vidal was taken long ago.

“Ancelotti talked with him: the door is 100 per cent closed. This is regardless of the offer: when Bayern decide not to sell a player, the fee does not matter.”

Another Bayern player who is linked with a move to Italy is 19-year-old Renato Sanches. AC Milan have shown an interest in the young Portuguese international showing an interest in switching sides if it meant more regular playing time.

However, Milan CEO Marco Fassone had since said that negotiations have broken down because of the asking price; and although the Bundesliga giants are open to letting him go out on loan, they also maintained that could play a part for Ancelotti’s team in 2017-18.

“We are considering his (Sanches) situation,” Rummenigge said. “He wants to play consistently but at Bayern Munich that is not easy. We will discuss it with Carlo, there is still time, no hurry.”

Renato Sanches believes he must leave Bayern Munich

Published by:

Portuguese international midfielder Renato Sanches believes that it is of certainty that he should leave Bayern Munich within this transfer window.

Sanches, 19, admitted that he needs to part ways with the German Champions after finding limited opportunities under Bayern coach Carlo Ancelotti.

The Portuguese international, who starred as his country won Euro 2016 last summer, made a rare start in Bayern’s 3-2 win over Chelsea in the friendly International Champions Cup tournament in Singapore.

However, Sanches has since been told that he is now free to join another club next season having been featured sparingly by Ancelotti in the previous campaign. He only made 17 Bundesliga appearances for the German champions last season and has acknowledged he now needs to look elsewhere.

This could also have been a factor that affected his international career as Portuguese international coach Fernando Santos opted to exclude Sanches from Portugal’s squad for the Confederations Cup last month and instead played him at the European Under-21 Championship.

“I’m not satisfied. Of course I would like to play more. This is why I want to join a club where I could get more playing time,” he said.

Amongst known suitors for the player is AC Milan, with the Italian side’s manager, Vincenzo Montella, admitting last week that he would like to sign him — a prospect welcomed by the midfielder.

“Milan is an interesting option,” he said. “If the opportunity arises and the clubs can agree, I would like to see them.”

“I am now on tour with Bayern but after that we will get together in Munich and hopefully find a solution. I’m young, I want and I have to play a lot. I think the chance to do so is greater in Milan than in Munich.”