Borussia Dortmund reject €100m offer for Ousmane Dembele from Barca

Borussia Dortmund has told FC Barcelona that they will not be selling their French forward Ousmane Dembele despite a €100m offer from the La Liga giants.

Dortmund have said that the France forward is “unlikely” to move to Spain unless they receive an improved offer, with a statement from the German club confirmed the offer — understood to be €100m — had been rejected.

Negotiations is understood to have taken place for days but Dortmund has been insistent that they will not accept less than €150m for the player they signed from Rennes last summer for a 10th of that cost.

“There has been a discussion with Barcelona in regards to a possible transfer of Ousmane Dembele,” the statement, which was released to the German stock exchange, read.

“In these talks Barcelona have presented an offer that does not match the extraordinary footballing and otherwise status of the player and also not the current market situation.”

“BVB have turned this offer down, and as there is no other offer from Barcelona a transfer should not be expected and is at this moment in time unlikely,” it concluded.

Dembele, 20, was also fined and suspended after he missed a training session on Thursday. It was also understood that he had returned to his native France in the evening on the same day to visit friends and family, while waiting news as the clubs continue to negotiate the fee.

“Ousmane Dembele missed training without notifying the club and has clearly taken this action consciously. We will obviously sanction him for this,” Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc said. “We have also suspended the player until after the cup game at the weekend.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *