Gareth Bale: Welsh forward told he is future of Real Madrid

Gareth Bale has been assured that he is the future of Real Madrid and they will not try to buy Monaco’s Kylian Mbappe until next summer.

Bale has acknowledged that he is content about his situation at Real and have signed a contract extension last autumn.

However, despite the contractual agreement that ends in 2022 that also made Bale become one of the the world’s highest-paid players, Real have expressed a firm interest in Monaco youngster Mbappe throughout the summer.

Still, Los Blancos just stopped short of going all-out by informing Bale that they are unlikely to attempt to buy the 18-year-old striker in the near future.

Real’s move, however temporary would assure Bale’s status as one of Real’s prime assets and, with Cristiano Ronaldo turning 33 in February, the European champions view the Welshman as having a long‑term future in Zinedine Zidane’s side.

There had been many an obstacle against Bale’s flourishing at Real. Despite a fruitful debuting season in Spain, the former Tottenham star had been limited to rare appearances as injuries plagued his playtime, with another injury scare occurring last Tuesday after he was forced out of Tuesday’s training session with an ankle complaint.

Zidane had since provided assurance, one week ahead of Real’s UEFA Super Cup clash with Manchester United, that Bale has been showing encouraging signs both in terms of fitness and form during pre-season.

“He looks good to me, little by little,” he told a news conference. “He’s had a long injury, (but) the pre-season has been very good since the beginning. I’m not worried about his performance, because the whole team has had good moments and not as good moments.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *