Daily Archives: July 26, 2017

Renato Sanches believes he must leave Bayern Munich

Published by:

Portuguese international midfielder Renato Sanches believes that it is of certainty that he should leave Bayern Munich within this transfer window.

Sanches, 19, admitted that he needs to part ways with the German Champions after finding limited opportunities under Bayern coach Carlo Ancelotti.

The Portuguese international, who starred as his country won Euro 2016 last summer, made a rare start in Bayern’s 3-2 win over Chelsea in the friendly International Champions Cup tournament in Singapore.

However, Sanches has since been told that he is now free to join another club next season having been featured sparingly by Ancelotti in the previous campaign. He only made 17 Bundesliga appearances for the German champions last season and has acknowledged he now needs to look elsewhere.

This could also have been a factor that affected his international career as Portuguese international coach Fernando Santos opted to exclude Sanches from Portugal’s squad for the Confederations Cup last month and instead played him at the European Under-21 Championship.

“I’m not satisfied. Of course I would like to play more. This is why I want to join a club where I could get more playing time,” he said.

Amongst known suitors for the player is AC Milan, with the Italian side’s manager, Vincenzo Montella, admitting last week that he would like to sign him — a prospect welcomed by the midfielder.

“Milan is an interesting option,” he said. “If the opportunity arises and the clubs can agree, I would like to see them.”

“I am now on tour with Bayern but after that we will get together in Munich and hopefully find a solution. I’m young, I want and I have to play a lot. I think the chance to do so is greater in Milan than in Munich.”

Real Madrid to approach Monaco for €180m Kylian Mbappe deal

Published by:

Real Madrid are convinced they could secure a world record €180m deal with Monaco for 18-year-old striker Kylian Mbappe after reportedly reaching the basis of an agreement with the Ligue 1 Champions.

However, Monaco has since denied having agreed to the deal.

Marca reported that Real and Monaco had agreed, in principle, a deal worth €160m, plus a further €20m in objectives, which Monaco denied in a another report published on the French newspaper Nice-Matin.

Nonetheless, the Spanish and European champions insist that they are optimistic that a definitive deal is close, and that Mbappe would join on a six-year deal worth around €7m a year.

Madrid would also have the financial capital to support this bid after having raised more than €100m in sales this summer, with Alvaro Morata joining Chelsea and Danilo signing for Manchester City, while James Rodríguez joining Bayern Munich on loan.

Amongst those in Real who had shown interest in signing Mbappe was club president Florentino Perez and coach Zinedine Zidane, although the former did admit that Mbappe’s move to the Spanish giants does not guarantee him a first-team spot in the squad.

Zidane, who also had previously shown interest in signing his French compatriot Mbappe, admitted that he was one striker short after the exit of Morata, but he insisted that he was not requesting any signings, he also added that “Anything can happen between now and 31 August” — the date in which the summer transfer window will be closed.

On the other hand, it would mean that Monaco, who reached last season’s Champions League semi-final and won the French title, have made more than £300m in transfers after selling 13 players such as Bernardo Silva and Benjamin Mendy, who joined City for £43.6m and £52m respectively, and Tiemoue Bakayoko, who cost Chelsea £39.7m.

Neymar cleared of tax evasion charges in Brazil

Published by:

FC Barcelona forward Neymar has been cleared of tax evasion charges in his native Brazil according to a statement by his father.

The Brazilian International forward, who has been under investigation for alleged tax fraud since a few years ago, could well be cleared of all charges following a “termination of proceedings regarding the complaint on tax evasion”.

Neymar himself has already been fined €56.7 million last year for failing to report earnings from his contracts with Brazilian club Santos, Barcelona and his sponsors between 2011 and 2014.

However, Neymar Sr said on Tuesday that his son Neymar was cleared of any wrongdoings and his case has been “officially closed” following several appeal processes completed by a court.

“It is with great joy the we received the news of the termination of proceedings regarding the complaint on tax evasion directed by the Federal Public Ministry,” Neymar Sr said in a statement. “The proceeding is officially closed, thus it proves the lawfulness on every act we took.

“During four years of unfounded accusations me, my family and our employees suffered a lot and in every possible way. But albeit lots of people doubt, there’s justice in our country.”

“Accusation by accusation, one after the other, they were all defeated by our defence, leaving it clear that we did not evade not one penny in taxes. Now I hope we can focus only in our jobs, and that me and my family can have the peace we deserve.”

Nevertheless, there could be another major issue at hand for Neymar as Paris Saint-Germain is confident of a 90 per cent chance to sign the player. It was an unpopular thought in FC Barcelona, and although his teammate Gerard Pique posted a photo of the pair at the weekend on social media with the caption: “He stays,”, Pique admitted himself that he does not know for certain whether Neymar will remain at Barcelona.