ENGLISH PREMIER LEAGUE
SATURDAY, 17 OCT 2015
7:45 PM EASTERN TIME
- Spurs have lost just one of their last eight games (W4, D3, L1).
- Team news:
- Tottenham is injury plagued; Son Heung-min, Ryan Mason, Nabil Bentaleb and Alex Pritchard are ruled out with injuries.
- Eric Dier serves a one-game ban after accumulating five yellow cards.
- Dejan Lovren as returned to training following an ankle injury
- Liverpool had been victorious against Tottenham in their last five encounters, all in the Premier League.
- The Reds have won one of their last nine Premier League away games (D4, L4). That was their victory at Stoke on the opening weekend of the season.
- Liverpool have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last eight matches in all competitions.
- Only once before has a Liverpool manager won his first Premier League match. (Gerard Houllier, against Southampton in August 1998)
- Team News:
- Joe Gomez and Danny Ings could miss the rest of the season
- Christian Benteke and Roberto Firminio are unavailable
- Philipe Coutinho is fit despite minor groin problem
- Dejan Lovren is back in training after an ankle injury